Friday, March 28, 2008

Tuesday Dinner!!!

Uncle Thad - Bread Duty!

Fun in the kitchen starring Kris (from the back),
Ashley, Renee, Brian & Brian(the back of his shirt)



The kids table...



The Adult Table!

Tuesday dinners are a HIGHLIGHT of the week! We are all transplants to Colorado and don't have much family in the state, so we have created our own!
"Uncle" Thad went to Texas Tech with Brian (Get your guns up... right boys), he has seen our family thru the good and bad times... even trying to watch movies with us when Carter was a SCREAMING infant!!!
Ashley and I worked together at Frontier Ranch when I first came to Colorado... now over 10 years ago! She saw me at a women's retreat and scared the crap out of me when she ran up to me and "interrogated"me about Frontier... it's been WONDERFUL ever since! She is AMAZING! She has been a wilderness guide (a YL backpacking camp), she teaches junior high (she HAS to be a saint),
We met Kris & Skyler thru another friend. Kris is a widow, her husband was a Navy pilot. Skyler is 5 and a kick in the pants :) She can definitely hold her own with the Darden boys! One of my FAVORITE Skyler stories: We were at the park with Kris & Sky and Kris and I were talking about how Skyler being "her own person" would have it's benefits... like when it comes to peer pressure. As we were talking, we heard Riley say to Skyler "Skyler, do you wanna play pirates with me and Noah???" Her response was priceless "NO." Skyler does not feel like she needs to do anything she doesn't want to do!
You may have noticed that not everyone in the pictures are accounted for.... well... this was a special night! Ashley's friend Renee is a pilot so she can just come on down whenever she has time off... she lives in southern Washington and her husband loves fishing... we got a little of that "LOVE" because she brought us fresh (fresh, caught-the-darn-thing-yesterday, fresh) Salmon!!!! YUMMMMMMMM!
And... Thad's dad was in town. Thad's parents have recently retired and relocated to Colorado... they live in Buena Vista (which is where Frontier Ranch is... where Ashley and I met... the world is getting smaller). Thad's dad had come into town to help with the on-going kitchen remodel at Thad's pad!
Oh, and we can't forget Brian... not my Brian... Brian is dating Kris and this was his first official "Tuesday Night." Some of us had met him last week, but he hadn't had the privilege of coming for dinner! So, if he is nice... and doesn't tease me about using tartar sauce on fresh salmon... we might just keep him around! (I'm kidding Brian... we really enjoyed having you... i'm just getting even!)
So... the rest of the world is missing out... at least one night a week! Because this is the most amazing group of people you could ever meet!

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

WOW....I am jealous! I want a Tuesday night. I mean my goodness....we have enough people around! What a great group that you surround yourself with. It is nice to have family away from family!

Jane Anne said...

I wish I had time to read it all. I'll be back on Monday to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Again! Jane Anne did not say that, I did. Seems I did not sign in on march 29th at 4:54pm. so sorry!
SO, You put tartar sauce on fresh Salmon? Did you know that God did not make the beatiful Salmon taste like tarter sauce for a reason? NO he made it taste like salmon. Why? because salmon taste good!
my respect for you, on a food level, has gone from 107.9 to 107.87.
good day.)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the sauce too. i was only kidding.)

Lisa Darden said...

well darn, i thought i had a new friend!

NOOOOOOOOOOO! what can i do to change my food level rating... i only used the tiniest little bit of tartar sauce... and i didn't have any with my 2nd and 3rd pieces...
and i love tabouli (if that lowers my score, forget you read that!)

Lisa Darden said...

well crap... now i see that you were kidding! hope you are enjoying your mad monday :)

Anonymous said...

there is ony one way to raise a food score and that is to send a dozen snickerdoodles to myself and a dozen to my friend Seth Burns Beans. I owe him a favor.

Anonymous said...

Mad Monday is living up to it's name today!

Lisa Darden said...

You had leverage until you mentioned that you like tartar sauce... all the sudden i can handle the drop in food level.

Anonymous said...

.)

Lisa Darden said...

besides... cookies baked at our altitude look... well, pathetic! They are generally flat and thin... that does not make a good snickerdoodle...and... you have a wonderful wife, whom i am sure makes a killer 'doodle!

Anonymous said...

Nope and she won't even make me mashed potatoes! She's still a great wife though, I think I'll keep her.

Anonymous said...

I wanna have a Tuesday Dinner @ Ruths Chris for my B-day. Do kids have to come to an event like this?


http://www.ruthschris.com/reservations/?Pubid=370&3

Yumm!

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't know how to put a link in these screwy little boxes. Sorry.
I'm gonna go get my Comments for dummies book out and get smrtr.

Lisa Darden said...

whom should I make aware of your request... obviously, you weren't expecting me to make it happen... i live 4 states away... kinda hard to throw a party from that far away! Don't get me wrong, i've done it before... but you aren't my mom and it isn't your 50th birthday... so...

Anonymous said...

tell everyone! someone is bound to see it and make it happen.