Thursday, March 27, 2008

Capoiera!!!

Blogger keeps getting rid of my pictures... so I'm gonna try putting them in a separate post!

Here you are! The long (or possibly not-so-long) awaited glimpse of Capoiera - Noah and Riley style!
Some of you don't know Noah - he is the other Darden brother :) I have taken care of Noah since before we had kids and the boys have grown up together. We love Noah to pieces!!!! He is such a sweet guy... he LOVES babies... I used to have to fight with him to get Riley back (he didn't care too much for Carter as a baby because he was crying all the time...), he is so darn cute... he loves to be outside (especially if there is a sandbox nearby)... his giggle is contagious... and Noah is smart... sometimes too smart for his own good! He knows what he wants and will do what it takes to make it happen... I joke with his mom that his ornery streak is just slightly smaller than my stubborn streak. I could go on and on... but I will spare you the novel, for now! Riley and Noah LOVE to be together!!!! And Bronwen thought that Capoiera would be GREAT for Noah. Truth be told, I think Bronwen thinks Capoiera is good for EVERYONE!!! she took a total of 5 people on Tuesday. If she weren't moving, I would HIGHLY suggest the studio hire her to do marketing :) So, we decided it would be fun to let the boys do it together! As you can see, they had fun!!! So much fun, that we signed them up (hey uncle Bug, if you come visit, you could go for a free class!!!)
One of the things we (Noah's mom and I) liked about it is the fact that they never try to kick or hit anyone... it's all about "making it look dangerous" and the fact that it is much harder to narrowly miss someone than to actually hit them.
While the boys were in this class, I also got a lesson. It was supposed to be a class, but I was the only student. It was fun... but I think it will take awhile to really get the hang of it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like fun!

Chelsea said...

Wow...what little guys you have...sounds like fun (in the words of a great man)

Anonymous said...

Dang, how come your being nice now?
oh, it get it, that's sarcasm right?

Chelsea said...

I am always nice....if you don't know that I am a joker, than I will just have to change my ways.
Did anyone ever tell you how good looking you are? You are so smart too. Really...the whole package is what you are...Kim has it all...what a lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Jou be Nice!