Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Poor little guy!

So.... Carter is sick. Poor kid! This morning at breakfast he was telling us "my belly is hurting me" (I love how he phrases things!). Tuesday is a busy day at the Darden house - I will spare you the details but it includes getting Carter to a friend's house (not close to our house), Riley to school (back by our house), me to a networking meeting (on the other side of the city)- all by 8:15 am!
So, I decided that since he wasn't feeling well, I would take him to my meeting. I am so thankful for this AMAZING group of business people who don't mind seeing my (and other) kids from time to time. They always introduce my boys as some super hero (which usually makes the Darden Boys smile for DAYS). I should have known it was more than an upset stomach when he didn't want to introduce himself. Darn it!
Well, part way through the meeting, he starts crying... and won't stop. Now, Carter has PERFECTED his "fake cry" (we've caught him practicing on numerous occasions) but this was the "I AM MISERABLE and need to be at home" cry. I got him into the car just in time for... yup, the PUKE! All over the beloved fuzz (his blanket), his clothes, his seat, the back of my seat... oh, the fun!
Poor guy.... thank goodness he is sleeping peacefully at the moment...
and my amazing friend Kris said she could pick Riley up from school so I can keep Carter at home... I can't begin to express how thankful I am for my friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also have some sick kiddo's.
Love the whole introduction as a super hero....I'll have to remember that!

Lisa Darden said...

sorry your kiddos are sick too!

one thing to remember... introduction as a super hero works best for boys under the age of 18 or so :)

Anonymous said...

got it