Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hoooo-Ray for Tuesday!

It's a good day in "the springs"...
-- the sun is shining and it should be in the 60's again (maybe all the snow will melt in the backyard).

-- it's FREE BREAKFAST TUESDAY at Chick-fil-A... free chicken minis ( I realize that those of you in the great Pacific Northwest don't know the joys of Chick-fil-a and I am here to tell you that you are missing out!)

-- Riley and I are going to try
Capoeira... just wikipedia it 'cause I don't really understand it! My friend Bronwen has explained it as "Brazilian martial arts meets breakdancing"... I still can't picture it! But, she has convinced our buddy Noah (ok, the real convincing was his mom) to try the family class with Riley... more on our adventure later!

-- Tuesday night dinner... ok, so everyone has them. But, do you call them by the oh-so-creative name and have the COOLEST people over???? We've started this "tradition" that we get together with some GREAT friends every week for a potluck. It's become this amazing "family away from family" since we are all transplants (the rest of the regulars are all from texas... but we are adding a few to lessen my "minority" status). It's fun to get the kiddos together to play and the adults together to just share life! Hopefully we will remember to snap some pics tonight... but this is one of the highlights of the week!

ps... it's also SPRING BREAK!!! yippeee for daddy being home to play ALL WEEK!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Wooo Hooo knows Hoooo Ray?
Very cool plans and I like the pot-trust theme.

Anonymous said...

I looked up Capoeira on wiki, I am now dumber because of it.) That was to much info for my wee brain.)
Actually it looked very interesting.
"Chick-fil-a". I'd go there just cuz the name is sweet.

Lisa Darden said...

pot-trust?????
that sounds like some secret organization!

I think Woooo Hooo and Hoo Ray are distant cousins, at the very least... maybe brothers with different mothers (ha, ha)

i agree with you on the wiki of capoeira... that's why i said to look it up... hopefully, i will have more to report after we actually attend!

aaaaannnnddddd... you would LOVE chick-fil-a! maybe you, your amazing wife and girls should take a trip to colorado... i know this really cool family with a guest bedroom ---- US!!!!

Anonymous said...

Guest room sweet! any place for me to go fly-fishing nearby?
Pot-Trust not pot-luck, cuz at Church you should put your trust in him.
+ Luck is for charms

Lisa Darden said...

fly fishing... i'm sure there is but we are not big "fishers"...
come on down!

Chelsea said...

Dropping in to say hello;)