Sunday, March 16, 2008

Need a laugh?

So... this might just be the beginning of a Darden tradition... we have NO SHORTAGE of quotes from our VERY VERBAL kids... and my mom is always telling me to "write that down"... maybe now I will.

Let's start with this one:
I was talking to a friend on the phone and trying to remember what infection Riley is being treated for and I could not remember the word to save my life. Well, Riley must have overheard me talking about it, because he came into the kitchen and said, "Mom, it's called impetigo".... correct pronunciation and all...geez, nothing like a 4 year old with an adult vocabulary to put you in your place.

In case you are wondering, Impetigo is a weird infection... we have NO idea where Riley picked it up but we caught it early (thanks to his preschool teacher) but it causes these gross blister like things around the mouth... notice the HUGE scab in the last picture... yuck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to do when our girls ask me for help with homework and they know more about it then I do.
Love the blog!

Lisa Darden said...

oh geez... i hadn't thought about that... guess i'll have 'em call grandad and grandpa (between the 2 engineers, they should be able to handle it).

You inspired me to start a blog... thanks:)

Anonymous said...

I've never inspired anyone before, thanks. welcome to the Land of Blogz!

Lisa Darden said...

seriously??? i don't believe that you have never inspired anyone... but now you have OFFICIALLY inspired someone!
Have a great mad monday :)

Anonymous said...

Tks tks.)!