Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What in the....

So... this post is gonna take some explaining! It seems that our oldest son Riley has two "best friends" or in his writing "best freds" -- Grace and Summer... did you catch that... our son has 2 girls as best friends. Not that I have a problem with him being friends with girls... it's just that I think each of these sweet girls thinks that they are "the" best friend.

So, last weekend Riley wrote them each a "letter." Each of the letters was the same, except the name.
"You are my best friend (insert either name)." Summer received hers on Monday but Grace was absent that day - so she got hers on Tuesday.

Another piece of important information - Summer has told her Daddy that she "likes" Riley because he has a cute smile.... yeah, this has already started in KINDERGARTEN!!!!

Then.... today.... Riley came home with this:this is the front of the card.

And here is the inside:
now, my guess is that Summer got help writing the first part... but the part that almost caused me to fall over "You love me".... WOW!!!! what can we say to that????

2 comments:

Brianne Michelle said...

oh my gosh! Lisa, this story is so adorable. I especially love the letter. I can't wait to see you next week. Hearing stories about your boys always brings me so much joy!

Kimberly said...

this was great, lisa!!!! you MUST save this card until he is married!!! too cute!