Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hangin' in there!

Right now I wish that I didn't share my camera with Grandma & Grandpa. Carter is sleeping, curled up around his "fox in sox" stuffed animal! He is so darn cute -- especially when he is sleeping :)

It's been an eventful week here - Grandpa & Grandma came back from Glenwood on Sunday with Jerdan (my oldest nephew). We spent monday at the zoo - and the pictures are also on the camera mentioned before! Tuesday, the Grandparents took the oldest grandsons (Riley & Jerdan) on their first roadtrip -- without parents. Grandma loaded up on snacks (if you know my mom, you know she tends to have WAY too much food for any occasion) and they loaded the boys into the best roadtrip vehicle in the world - Grandma's acadia - complete with DVD player and wireless headphones! At this point, they have been to Mesa Verde and Four Corners -- and I think they are on the way to Moab.

As for the rest of our family, Brian has less than one week left of school. The kids are GONE, he made it through middle school graduation and now he just has to survive High school grad (on memorial day weekend) and a couple of work days. Carter and I are headed to Glenwood tomorrow (a 4+ hour drive depending on how many other people are headed the same direction) to meet up with the roadtrip warriors and to celebrate Jerdan's birthday. We will come home monday and have less than 2 weeks before we are on the road to seattle! Phew, I'm worn out just thinking about the plan -- shoot... i have to pack!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "better half"?

Lisa Darden said...

you just now realized that??? you know what i mean... and you know it's TRUE!!!

Anonymous said...

So I'm the worse half?

Lisa Darden said...

i wouldn't say that... i seems really harsh! you're the "other" half :)

Anonymous said...

I guess I can live with other

Kimberly said...

I don't normally mind packing. It's the unpacking that I can't stand! And if you have to pack and then unpack and then pack again there is always that mad rush to get all the laundry done. Yuck - don't like that either!

Anonymous said...

We should have a way to contact each other when you all get here don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I'll get out the two ways.) comunicating on the blogs might be tough.

Lisa Darden said...

i'll send your wife an email - i have her email (i think...) since she's on facebook now! that's where all the cool ones hang out :)

Anonymous said...

"Better half", "Cool people" what's next?

Lisa Darden said...

Kim -
you are so right about the packing/unpacking thing... but we have SUPER GRANDMA and while i was at work today she did most of the laundry!







although, when i got home she did say "If you don't put it away - in drawers, I'm not doing it again"


put it in drawers -- just so i can pack it again -- i think not! but i can guarantee that she will do the laundry again!